No, I don’t know what I was doing making a fist…I think it was an enthusiastic thing??
Jim Kane that coordinates my photography for the Brighton Schools Festival of Ideas took me up on an offer for a photo student to ‘shadow’ me on the shoot.
And what a terrific student she was… Roxanne is very enthusiastic about shooting and asked great questions. Best of all, she got great shots 🙂
Students who might get a chance to Shadow, learn from Roxanne:
- She went to my web site and learned about my work
- She had questions ready, some technical (when should I be using full manual??) to really great ones like ‘How do I get over being shy at getting into the action, right in front of everyone and taking photos?’
- She came with cameras, so that she could shoot too
- She knew enough about photography to ask good questions. If you don’t know what to ask, maybe you don’t need to be shadowing a pro?
- Roxanne was a nice person and pleasant to work with… there’s no underestimating people skills in this career…
- She shot her stuff, I shot mine and it went well. There’s nothing worse than standing side by side and overlapping on every shot (actually, I budged in on a few of her good shots though 😉
Just a random shot from the event I liked…Love that wide angle!