Note— Our house sold and we’re now happily loving Durham, NC. I’ll leave this page up for anyone that would enjoy seeing our renovation project.
This has been such a wonderful family house for us, but we are moving south. You’ll have the best of the country with a creek on your property, a large yard, a field next door, woods to the back, and wonderful, quiet neighbors. You’ll have the best of location too, as we’re only 1 minute off of route 104 and 35 minutes to downtown Rochester. You can bike up our road to lake Ontario and see the lovely hamlet of Pultneyville.
- 1756 Sq Ft with 3 bedrooms & 1.5 Bathrooms on .61 acres
- Taxes are very low for comparable houses you’ll see. You should save about $1400/year, that’ll be $115/month less in your monthly mortgage!
- Quality built in 1922, full of oak, built-in cabinets, & other lovely craftsman touches
- 2 Bonus rooms: One we use for a large laundry room upstairs, the other is great for office or playroom (we’re currently using it as a teen bedroom with half-bath— set off on its own downstairs)
- Large eat-in kitchen, open floor plan, hardwood floors
- In the excellent Williamson school district (a smaller district within 5 minutes of your house)
- Being sold by owner, so lots of advantages in price, etc.
- Great for a family (we’re a family of 5), or even as a starter house with the price so reasonable.
- Extra features: Radiant heat: very cozy compared to air & the cats love it, Culligan water system, upper gutters are seamless & covered with a gutter guard, so no fall maintenance
- Wonderful history to this house and area. Ride your bike up our road to lake Ontario!
- We are also willing to sell the appliances and other things if you want a super-easy (and inexpensive) move-in experience.
- We are flexible on our moving date, and will work with you to make this your new home.
- Fun yard with a creek, mature trees, shed and much more room than you can see from the road… kids and pets love it
House History & Area:
Once the ‘Walnut Stock Farm’, we’re only the 3rd owners since 1922. We even found a civil war button metal detecting in the yard. This is apple country with many local farm market options. We even have a favorite organic farm a bit south of us. We have a book for you with the house history and info. This was originally a ‘kit house’ (you might have heard some were sold by Sears back in the day?) and we have a reproduction of the catalog our house was chosen from. That quality of being a kit house, has allowed it to have many of the upgraded, historic features like the hardwood, antique lights, etc. We’ve even kept one of the classic push-button light switches for fun. Come and tour our house and see why we love it.
Williamson holds the annual Apple Blossom Festival in the spring with wonderful fireworks, has its own hometown newspaper, and our favorite hardware store ever. Oh, and you might want to move here just to be close to The Original Candy Kitchen. We have an Easter Candy trek with the kids every year to buy their amazing homemade chocolate & it’s also a great diner when you come out to see us.
Our Library is one of the nicest we’ve ever seen in a small town like ours. With its new building, kids reading programs, book talks and family activities, it’s a wonderful asset. Williamson has been a great place for our kids to grow up, has lots of community rec/sports, church options and town parks. We know you’ll love it here, and we’d be so happy to be a resource to give you any info you need about your new hometown.
We’re only 20 minutes from all the shopping in Webster NY, and close to lovely Sodus Point to our east. You will absolutely love living here. We chose this area after searching all over the Rochester region. It’s beautiful in the fall with the change of leaves and we’ve planted berry bushes and have several garden plots & a raised garden bed.